How to help
We are a small non-profit-making group based in South Devon. We are reliant on grant funding alongside a small amount of revenue from products, tree sales, adopt a tree and donations.
We feel that Trees for Health is unique in carrying out activities specifically aimed at the health of people and landscapes. We need funds to enable this work to proceed and there are a number of ways in which you can contribute.
If you can suggest a source of funding that is relevant to our work, please let us know.
- If you would like to donate, either a one-off donation or direct debit, please do so through Local Giving button:
- Buy trees (in winter), jams, cordials, vegetables, fruit & plants from us. Get in touch to see what is available.
- Adopt a tree. For just £10, we will dedicate a tree in your name, or a friend's. Contact us to set this up.
- Buy the 'Earth Stars' CD - beautiful Songs of Permaculture, just £3 (plus postage). E-mail us to get a copy.
We are very grateful to the following funding sources:
- for funding a correspondence course in Herbal Medicine.
- (funded by the Dept for Education and Skills) for funding group set up costs.
- for funding project/ research costs, environmental education costs for our Eco-Active project, a volunteer programme, woodland management and green woodworking, events to make wild food and wood products, set up and ongoing costs for our agroforestry project, 'Discover Forest Foods', .
- for funding 25% of our budget in the 1st year.
- , administered by Devon Wildlife Trust. The Landscape Heritage Scheme is part of South Hams District Council's Life into Landscape programme supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund. The grant covered tree planting and fencing workshop costs in 2005.
- for funding tools, plants and tree protection costs.
- for funding educational workshops in primary schools in 2005 & educational workshops both at Underwood Discovery Centre & in school grounds for 2011-12.
Home - Discover Forest Foods
Trees are Good for You - Tree Planting & Restoration
Tree Foods & Remedies - Education - Activities & Events - Contact Us
Get involved - Donating & Fundraising - Poetry - Interesting Links